No more getting caught in the rain without your umbrella! You can now get the latest weather updates from the Weather Channel wherever you are through your mobile phone. The Weather Channel and its website weather.com have been providing local and national weather forecasts for cities and towns across the United States for more than 20 years. They also provide weather radar as well as hurricane coverage and reporting. Now, you can get all of that important information you are used to getting on your TV or online while you are on the go with your mobile phone.
The first thing you want to do is set up your personalized profile by registering with weather.com. Registration is quick and easy.
With your Internet connection and PC, go to www.weather.com and click “Sign in” in the upper right-hand corner of the screen..
- If you have not previously set up a profile, you will then be asked to enter your email address and create and verify a password.
- You will be asked to enter further information: your zip code, the year of your birth, and your gender.
- You will be given the option of subscribing to emails about special offers from weather.com and its affiliates.
- Then, you simply click “save.”
Once you have set up a profile, it is easy to sign up for mobile updates.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen where you set up your profile.
- You will see a section on the bottom right of the screen that is titled “See What You’re Missing.”
- The first option is “Weather Alerts.” Click “Get it.”
- At the top of the screen you will see information about which mobile networks our compatible, and a reminder that the regular data rates apply.
- Just below you will see a section with a series of boxes you can select to customize your alerts. Select the alerts that interest you, for example “Current Conditions,” or “Extreme Cold Alerts.”
- You will then be asked to enter your “zip code.”
- Click “Start” at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- Then, enter your Mobile Phone Number in the box provided and click “Continue.”
- You will then receive a text message on your mobile welcoming you to The Weather Channel Alerts and asking you to reply via text message with a specific code that will start the alerts.
- Back on your PC, you will then be ushered to a screen where you can review your profile and manage your alert settings. If everything looks good, click “Save” at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
The updates on your mobile from The Weather Channel make it easy to plan your day and be prepared for whatever the weather conditions may be.