Helping your child or student expand their vocabulary can be fun and easy. Spelling City is an educational website that uses games too build students’ vocabularies, writing skills, and spelling skills. It is a great resource for parents and teachers that can be easily accessed with just a computer and an Internet connection!
By setting up a free account with Spelling City, you can personalize your word lists to the needs of your students. You can even individualize a spelling list for each student. This way, the student can continue to study at or at school. They can test themselves online or print out a test.
Registering with SpellingCity.com is quick and easy. With your PC and your Internet connection, go to www.spellingcity.com.
- Click “Register” in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- You will be asked to enter your First Name, Last Name, Create a Username, Email Address and Password.
- One the left side of the screen you will be asked if you are a teacher or parent.
- Click “Continue.”
You will then receive a confirmation email with further guidelines on how to get started with your account. The initial account is free. You will be given the option of paying for an account that provides further tools for you and your students.
Back on the Spelling City page, you can now customize your account. A box in the top right-hand corner of the screen will now display your Username and a series of options for your account. The best way to get started is to click “List Management.”
- Click “Create a New List.”
- Enter the student’s name and grade level.
- Enter the first five words on your test (you can click below to add more than five words).
- Click “Continue.”
- You will then be asked to verify the words you entered by observing them in complete sentences.
- You can then print the test or submit it to the student online.
This will allow you to create spelling and vocabulary lists for individual students. You can also create assignments, see test results, and manage your list of students.
Spelling City is an invaluable resource for students, teachers and parents. It allows for individual attention customized to each students needs. Most importantly, it makes the learning process fun and engaging for young spellers.