If you frequently engage your friends on the Internet and like to share photos with them, then you understand the frustratingly slow rate at which pictures download on typical internet connections. It can take up to ten minutes to view a picture you send, and no matter how gorgeous the photo, many of your friends will not bother with this inconvenience.
Why Should I Use Photobucket?
Of course, you can upload your photos to other sites so your friends can view them, but the quality of the photo often suffers, and the original picture file is lost during the upload. By creating a Photobucket account, you can upload your picture files to the internet and share them whenever you wish. This feature is particularly useful if you like to share photos in a professional setting where traditional blogs and social media sites may not be appropriate.
Photobucket is also extremely useful if you often have access to the internet but do not have a portable means of storing your photos. You will have access to your photos wherever, whenever, without worrying about losing zip drives or mobile devices.
Creating Your Photobucket Account
The Photobucket website is very user-friendly, but for your maximum convenience, this step-by-step guide will walk you through every step!
- Visit the website www.photobucket.com.
- The home page will prompt you to enter your e-mail and password to “Register Now”! Click this button.
- Enter your e-mail address, a username, and a unique password. Photobucket will also ask for your date of birth, gender, zip code, and will require you to pass a “test” to prove you are human.
- Once you have entered this information, Photobucket will give you the option of storing 2 GB of photos with ads for free, or paying a certain fee and getting more storage space without obnoxious ads. Choose the option that is right for you. Two GB is approximately 1,000 photos.
- Once you have chosen your plan, Photobucket will prompt you to upload photos from your mobile device, personal computer, or from Facebook.
- Once you have uploaded your desired photos, the fun part begins! Prepare to spend hours creating slideshows, adding graphics, and generally having an awesome time.
Just follow these easy steps and you will be ready to save your files on Photobucket so you can share them with the world!