When dealing with government administration, the process of submitting forms or making payments can be tiresome. More often than not you need to wait in long lines before filling out the proper forms. Afterwards you may have to head to another line to make a payment. By the time you are finished an hour or two has passed by. Now you can bypass all this by signing up for a pay.gov account. With this account you simply go to the pay.gov website and after logging in, simply submit your form or make a payment quickly with your credit or debit card.
Signing Up is Easy
In order to acquire a pay.gov account you first need to register.
- Go to the ‘Click here to register’ link and click it.
- Fill out all of the required information.
- Choose a password, which must be between eight and 24 characters long and must have at least one capital letter and one number.
- On the final screen you will receive your user name.
- Make sure you write down your user name and password and keep it somewhere safe.
Any account information that you enter into your profile is secure, as it is encrypted. When your account information appears on screen the numbers are seen as asterisks, with only the last four digits readable.
How to Access Your Pay.Gov Account
Once you have set up a pay.gov account accessing that account is simple. Go to the pay.gov homepage at www.pay.gov.
- Enter your username.
- Enter your password.
After you enter this information you will be taken to your account page where you can proceed to make payments or submit forms. If you happen to forget your password, don’t worry because you can choose a different one. Hit the ‘Trouble logging in’ link, put in your username and click the ‘Request Password Reset’ button. After that you will receive an email.
- Click the link in your email.
- Answer your secret question. If you can’t remember the answer to your secret question you will need to contact the Pay.gov customer service.
- Once your secret question is answered you will be required to pick a new password.
By having a pay.gov account you can avoid all those tiresome line ups and save a lot of time. Unfortunately not all of the government agencies are set up with pay.gov, but you can go to the homepage to find out which ones are.