MetLife is one of the largest providers of insurance, annuities, and employee benefit programs in the world. Although MetLife is arguably most well-known as a life insurance provider, they also offer a highly praised dental insurance plan for employees and individuals.
As a participant in the MetLife Federal Dental plan, you will have access to all of your account details and plan information online when you create a MyBenefits account. Although this process may at first seem arduous, this article is here to simplify this process and save you time and frustration.
Create MyBenefits Account
If you want to view your account online and manage your information, you will first need to create a MyBenefits account. Due to the immense size of MetLife (and subsequently, their website), it can be confusing to try to navigate this site. If you want to create an account without any hassle, follow these steps:
- Log on to mybenefits.metlife.com in order to access the dental benefits page
- Click on “register now” to log on for the first time; you will need to enter your name, social security number or MetLife ID number, and date of birth
- Choose a username and password which you will use to log on in the future
Once you have completed these steps you will have an active MyBenefits account.
Manage Your Benefits Online with MyBenefits
Once you have created your online account, you will be able to manage you benefits and account information online whenever you desire. Following are just a few of the features you will be able to access with your online account!
- Turn off paper Explanation of Benefits (EOB): If you do not wish to receive your EOB through the mail and would rather receive it through e-mail, you can elect to turn off paper copies
- Print ID Card: Print a functioning ID card until you receive one through the mail
- View Claim Details: Check the status of your claims in order to prevent any problems or confusion regarding payments
- View plan information: View the details of your plan and eliminate long phone calls to your provider by accessing this information 24/7
- Download claim form: You can also download a claim form if you need to submit a dental claim; you will have to print this form off and mail it to the given address
Creating a MyBenefits account is simple and offers you a convenient way to manage your dental insurance. Take a few minutes to complete this process, and you will be able to take full advantage of your MetLife insurance.