Engrade is a free service which allows teachers and administrators to manage their classes online. Engrade allows teachers to assign homework, keep attendance records, and manage grades day-by-day. As more educators begin to use this service, teachers, students, and their families will need to register their Engrade account online in order to use this service.
Once an educator has created a classroom and added students, the teacher can customize a digital grade book which will tally all grades automatically based upon entered scores, giving the teacher instant knowledge of a student’s progress. Engrade is also extremely valuable to students and parents since it gives them constant access to the student’s grades and upcoming assignments. Engrade is a completely free service that is easy to use once the teacher and students are registered.
For Teachers and Administrators
In order to begin using Engrade, a teacher or administrator will need to register online to create their class workspace. Registering is simple if you follow these steps:
- Go to www.engrade.com and click on “join now!”
- You will have the option to register as a teacher, administrator/school, student, or student’s parent. Click the applicable option.
- If you click on Teacher or Administrator/School, you will need to provide the following information:
- Your name
- Your e-mail address
- Preferred username
- If you register as an Administrator/School, you will also need to provide a phone number
- Once you have filled in the information, click on “Create Account”. You will now be able to create a class, add students and grades, and use other Engrade features for free!
For Students and Parents
Registering an Engrade account is extremely easy for students and parents. All you will need is an access code which will be provided by your teacher. A typical access code will be the same as the student’s school ID number, but a teacher can assign any unique code. Once you have the access code, you will need to follow these steps:
- Log on to engrade.com; on the home page, you will be prompted to “join now!” Click on this option.
- You will have to choose whether to join as a teacher, administrator/school, student, or student’s parent. Click the applicable option.
- You will be prompted to enter your access code; do so and hit “Next”
- After you enter your access code, all you will need to do is create a username and password in order to log onto Engrade any time.