Most people are aware of ACT by the test that carries their name. A common college placement and admissions test, the ACT test is taken by millions of people every year. The organization does more than that, however; they provide other assessments, research, information, and several other things.
You can benefit from career guidance from ACT; you can also work for them. There are multiple opportunities, depending on where you want to work and what you want to do. ACT has a summer internship program for undergraduate and graduate students. In the United States, there are offices in Iowa City, IA, Washington, DC, Hunt Valley, MD, and Chattanooga, TN. There are also several offices worldwide.
In order to apply for one of these positions, you need a computer with internet access and a browser. Enter www.act.org into the address bar, and you will learn how to apply for a job to make your career at ACT.
- At the top right of the page, the About Us section drops down to show several menu options. Click the Careers option.
- On their careers page, you will see options to explore the internship program, current openings, and freelance and item-writing positions. While it is worthwhile to explore everything, for now, you should focus on the current openings selection.
- Now, you are on the career opportunities page, and can search to see the available openings. For example, you can set the parameters to look for any job posted in the last seven days in the Midwest region, and hit search.
- Click the title link for any job posting that looks interesting to you.
- To apply, at the top and bottom of the posting is an “apply” button; click it.
- You will be taken to a page to either sign in or create an account. Follow the appropriate prompts for your choice, based on whether you have an account with ACT or not. If you need to register, fill in the appropriate prompts and follow the link that will be emailed to you for confirmation. You will need to click apply again and sign in.
- Once you have signed in, you can fill in the appropriate fields for your personal details, your job history, the requested additional information, and so forth.
- Once you have filled in all required fields, click the apply button at the bottom to submit your application.
Applying for a job to start your career at ACT is a simple process, but it can have far-reaching effects. Working with a company with a commitment to excellence and education can be a stepping-stone to a larger world.