MLS.com is an online real-estate portal. MLS stands for multiple listing service. MLS work closely with realtors, and other realty professionals. They provide real estate news, answers to commonly-asked real estate questions, real estate classes, and much more. Using their simple search form, you can view homes for sale, foreclosures, vacant land for sale, and even commercial and investment properties.
It’s easy to find what you’re looking for. Just follow these simple steps:
- Visit www.mls.com
- Once you arrive on the MLS homepage, there are three ways to search:
- Search by state by clicking a state on the US map
- Search homes for sale by entering city, state and/or zip code information
- Search foreclosures by entering city and state, county and state, or zip code
- To search by state, click the state you wish to search on the map.
- You’ll be taken to a page with links for all the listings available in your chosen state, organized by county. Choose the county you’d like to search, and click the link.
- Once you choose the county, you’re presented with more specific choices, organized by neighborhood within that county. Choose the area you are interested in, and click the link.
- Finally you will see a list, with photographs of all the homes for sale in the area you’ve chosen. Pricing information will also be displayed. You can sort this list further by:
- Price (highest to lowest, or lowest to highest)
- Number of bedrooms
- Number of bathrooms
- Square footage
If your search returns too many results, you can narrow your search results down further, by clicking the link at the top of the results page that says “advanced search”. It is that easy. You can view additional details about each listing by clicking the link displayed next to each property.
Once you do so, you’ll be asked to sign in to the MLS website to continue. It’s free, and you only need to enter your name and email address. Once you provide your information, you’ll be able to see the full range of property details, including photos, price trends, area maps, and even a payment calculator so you can determine if you can afford the home of your dreams.
Each listing gives you every possible piece of information you need to know about a house or property: whether it has a garage, what kind of view it has, whether there are walk-in closets, ceiling fans, washer/dryer hook-ups, yearly taxes, and more. MLS is truly one of the best sites for viewing real-estate listings.