Lowe’s has been helping people improve and renovate their favorite spaces for more than 60 years. Since the company was founded in 1946, Lowe’s has grown from just a small hardware store into the second-largest home improvement retailer in the whole world. The company is now proud to offer a credit card that allows you to pay for home improvement materials and services when you need them.
Benefits of a Lowe’s Credit Card
With your new Lowe’s credit card, you can choose between one of three fine offers. You can choose 5% off in store every single day, or select from one of two special financing offers with a minimum purchase – six months special financing (interest free if paid in six months, has a $299 minimum spend) or 84 months special financing (84 fixed monthly payments at 5.99% APR).
By registering your new Lowe’s Credit Card online, you can access your account easily, and manage your account online from the comfort of your own home. Login any time to check your balance or to check up on monthly payments. These services are available online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Activate Your New Lowe’s Credit Card
Once you have chosen which of these great financing would be of use to you, and your new Lowe’s credit card has been sent to you, you will need to activate your new card to be able to use it in store.
How to Activate Your New Lowe’s Credit Card
1) Have your new card handy and open the website URL www.lowes.com/activate.
2) Your options will be either “Cardmember log in” or “Activate your card”. Click on “register and activate” to continue.
3) On the next screen, enter your account number and click “next”.
4) Provide your basic information as a security measure here. Also in this section, your financial details will be asked for.
5) Enter your contact information, so that if any problems occur in the future, someone from the Lowe’s team can contact you directly.
6) Accept the terms and conditions of having a Lowe’s Credit Card and submit your application.
World War II veteran Carl Buchan received an honorable discharge after being injured in the war. Upon returning to North America, Carl’s brother-in-law and fellow armed forces veteran Jim Lowe took on Carl as a business partner in 1943. For nine years they operated what was then known as Lowe’s North Wilkesboro Hardware. Buchan bought the company from Lowe in 1952 and turned the once small-time operation into a hardware store chain.
Under Buchan’s leadership, the company prospered by eliminating wholesalers and dealing directly with manufacturers. Today the company has more than 160,000 employees and 1754 stores in the United States, Mexico and Canada.