Fall is here, and it’s time to pack up those summer clothes, and get out your favorite fall fashions. Of course, we should treat ourselves to a few new items too. Right girls? I found some great fashions, and amazing deals at Kohl’s recently. Unfortunately, I found myself a little short on cash. So, I applied for a Kohl’s charge account online, and was approved immediately. It was pretty easy, but for the benefit of my readers who are technically challenged, I thought I would help you get started!
Here is a simple step-by-step guide to opening a Kohl’s charge account online:
- Visit www.kohls.com
- Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page, and click the link under “shop Kohl’s” that says “apply for a Kohl’s charge”.
- A new window will open; click the button that says “apply now”.
- On the next screen, click “continue”.
- If you happened to receive a personal offer in the mail, then enter the offer code on the next screen. If you don’t have one, just choose “continue”.
- You’ll next see the application screen where you will enter personal information such as full name, address, social security number, annual gross income, etc. Complete this form in full, making sure that you fill out all fields that have an asterisk (*) by them, as those fields are required.
- Be sure to put a checkmark in the box next to “By checking the box and clicking continue, I certify that I have read and agree to the above.” Then click “continue”.
- You will be asked to review your information, and be given options to “edit” or “submit”. If everything looks correct, choose “submit”.
- The system will then make an immediate decision based on the information you entered. The next page will tell you whether you have been approved or declined.
If you were approved, congratulations! It’s time to start shopping! Kohl’s offers some great deals for their charge account customers. Offers do change, but right now, they are offering up to 30% off when you use your Kohl’s card. So, just by applying and using your card, you can save an extra 30% on top of their already-low prices. I walked away with a new zebra-striped queen-size comforter (that reverses to plain black, for when I’m not feeling quite as much “jungle-enthusiasm” as usual.) for only $38.50 after my 30% discount. Have fun on your own Kohl’s shopping safari!